It is now more convenient than ever to get the same high level of care whether you are at home or come into our clinics. Our experienced staff have helped hundreds of people through tele-physiotherapy. You only need internet access via a cellphone, tablet or computer. We will ensure you get back to your normal-self without you even having to leave home. Virtual physiotherapy is physiotherapy assessment and treatment services provided through a technology platform such as a smart phone, tablet or computer.
Meridian Spine and Joint’s Virtual Physiotherapy Involves:
- An in depth examination and health history to understand your needs
- A full diagnosis so you understand how we can help
- Setting personalized treatment goals
- Designing an individualized treatment plan to get you back in motion and reduce pain
- Working through exercises and stretches with you
- reassess the patient’s progress regularly and make alterations to the treatment based on information from the reassessments
- Regain range of motion
- Achieve full restorative care
- Advice on how to prevent issues in the future
- Clearly communicate our findings and rehabilitation plan to you and your physician.
The physiotherapist will reassess the patient’s progress regularly and make alterations to the treatment based on information from the reassessments, the patient’s input and the patient’s personal goals. The patient’s individual goals will be achieved through ongoing evaluations and progressive personalized rehabilitation programs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Physiotherapy
Does insurance cover Virtual Physiotherapy?
Yes! At this time, we are unaware of any extended health insurer that does not cover virtual physiotherapy as a part of their usual physiotherapy benefits. We have no reports of any claims being denied. However, you may wish to contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage details.
What do I require for Virtual Physiotherapy?
- A stable internet connection
- Email account
- A smartphone, tablet, or computer
- Loose fitting clothing
What type of Physiotherapy treatments are available with Virtual Physiotherapy?
Our physiotherapists are trained in techniques to ensure that virtual physiotherapy will get you back in motion. Treatment will include education, instruction on exercises, stretching, strengthening and self mobilization techniques. You will be able to practice the exercises with the physiotherapist providing immediate feedback. The physiotherapist will be able to detect and correct your movement pattern and progress your home exercise program. They will provide you with the proper biomechanical advice to allow you to reach your potential.
During a virtual physiotherapy session our physios will not be able to conduct the following treatments:
- Muscle-skeletal manipulation
- Heat or cold compress
- Dry needling