- Do you suffer from spinning or unsteadiness?
- Do you often feel off balance or struggle to get your balance after you get up from sitting?
- Do you suffer from blurred vision or have difficulty focusing?
- Does reading or working on the computer give you a headache or dizziness?
- Do you always sway to one side when you walk or change direction?
- Do you avoid crowded places or going to the grocery store because of the way it makes you feel?
Balance and dizziness problems can come from any area of the complex human vestibular system. These symptoms can appear out of the blue or due to other traumatic factors such as motor vehicle accidents, falls, contact sports, blows to the head, infections, medications, or secondary to other diseases or injuries.
If your answer was yes to any of the questions above, it is likely that you suffer from a weakness in your balance / vestibular system and there is definitely something that you can do about it!
Meridian Spine & Joint Physiotherapy’s Balance and Dizziness program is in full swing and has been generating life changing results for many of our patients. This program provides direct access to our Doctor of Audiology and Physiotherapist who are trained in the diagnosis and rehabilitation of balance and dizziness problems. Why wait months to see another specialist, when you can attend our clinic within 2 days of contacting us. Our program is designed to cover all aspects of the human vestibular system, starting with an audiology exam, and then progressing to specific physiotherapy for retraining all of the inputs that go into our balance system. On a daily basis our clinicians will assess and treat 3 – 4 balance and dizziness patients, which translates to hundreds of patients just like you. 80% of these patients report an improvement in their quality of life in just 2 – 3 sessions and many report that they have full control of their symptoms by the time they complete the program.
DIZZINESS IS PURELY AN ERROR MESSAGE!!!
IT IS THE BRAIN TELLING YOU THAT ONE OF THE THREE BALANCE INPUTS DOES NOT EQUAL THE OTHER TWO!
Vestibular Rehabilitation is a proven research based branch of audiology and physiotherapy. With a comprehensive set of assessments, we can quickly and easily help you get to the bottom of your balance issues and then prescribe specific exercises that will allow you to take back control. With practice and regular completion of these home exercises you can get your life back!
EDUCATION IS HUGE!!
- Most people who are dealing with vestibular weaknesses have been doing so for a very long time and have come to accept a lot of what they are dealing with as normal.
- Identifying the cause of these problems and learning that these causes may be normal will go a long way to the overall success of treatment.
- Fear is also a large part of this and yet quite NORMAL! The best way to overcome this and manage balance and dizziness problem is through regular discussion with your clinician about the effects of dealing with this disorder long term. Otherwise a patient could struggle with their rehabilitation and not achieve their desired results.